AideAide   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer   ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 
Soutenez-nous en faisant vos achats AppleStore via cette bannière

iChat AV..... et upgrade

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Tout sur les MacBook Index du Forum -> Pismo
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lpascalon
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Jeu 03 Juil 2003 à 22:20    Sujet du message: iChat AV..... et upgrade Répondre en citant

Source : Xlr8yourMac
In yesterday's news I posted a reader request for feedback from any Pismo owner with either a G4/500 or G3/900 CPU upgrade (to see if they could use video conferencing with the iSight). Although the 750FX G3/800 was correctly reported (as far as CPU speed) in 10.1.5 on my B&W G3 - a Pismo owner noted the G3/900 was reported as a "G3/550" by 10.2.6's Apple System Profiler, and therefore Video conferencing could not be enabled. (reports from Bluechip G3/900 owners in the cpu review database also noted this, but I was not clear if they were talking about OS 9's ASP or OS X's.)
Apple notes a 600MHz CPU speed (or better) requirement for video w/iChat AV, although G4 400-500MHz system owners have noted using Video with iChat AV previously here. I had forgotten (as well as the reader that sent the request) that a Pismo owner w/G4 500 upgrade had reported success previously on the iChat AV feedback page, his report had notes on several systems.
So basically a G4/500 upgrade in a Pismo has been reported to work with iChat AV w/iSight for video conferencing, but due to incorrect (lower) CPU speeds reported by ASP apparently, no joy with the Powerlogix G3/900 upgrade yet. (The iBook G3/900 uses the same CPU, same bus speed/ratio and does accurately report CPU speeds).

Reader Feedback (most recent first)

Pismo w/Bluechip G3/900 CPU Upgrade:

" iSight does not seem to work with the upgraded G3/900 Pismo - I have one (PowerLogix), and the iSight says that I am not equipped to run the iSight. In the manual it says that third party CPU upgrades are not supported, but it also looks like it is hackable... (the problem with the G3 might have to do with System Profiler reporting it to be a G3/550). Hopefully someone in the community can find a way. I don't know about the G4 one though... (the G4/500 upgrade works - see below)
William S. "

The iBook G3/900 uses the same CPU and bus speed (100MHz) and does have accurately reported CPU speeds of course. I wonder if trying other CPU speeds via PL's utility would affect the ASP mis-reported speeds in any positive way (perhaps not). I also wonder why the G3/800 ZIF (same CPU type) was reported corrrectly (800MHz) in my B&W G3 under 10.1.5 in my older review (but was not reported accurately by OS 9.2's ASP - notes from Powerlogix on that in the review specs page I believe back then.) With some 7455A/7455B (G4) CPU upgrades, certain ratio settings (Bus/CPU ratio that determines CPU speed) are not accurately reported - but 9x isn't one of the 'reused' older ratios that are the reason for the misreported speeds with the 7455A/7455B G4/AGP upgrades. (See notes on the specs page of my G4 reviews of Giga Designs G4 CPU upgrades for more info/list of ratios affected, etc.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pismos with G4/500 Upgrade:

"I have a Pismo with a G4/500 upgrade (one of the early PowerLogix models), and it works fine with iChat AV and the iSight.
I've only tried one-way video conferences so far (both incoming and outgoing). I assume that two-way should work as well, but I can't confirm this yet.
-- monroe"

Another G4/500 upgraded Pismo owner wrote confirming success:

" Mike, I already sent you that long review on testing iChat AV with several machines, which included my experience using iChat AV with my Pismo laptop upgraded with the G4 500. In short, it worked great...no issues.
Steve "

En clair et en Francais :
iChat nÈcessite un processeur ý 600 Mhz pour que les fonctionnalitÈs AV soient utilisables.
Pourtant la carte G3 900 pour Pismo n'est reconnue que comme un G3 550 par le systËme (10.2.6), et donc pas de fonctions AV. En contre-partie, la carte G4 500 elle fonctionne super bien.
Donc maintenant que vous savez ca, le choix n'est que plus dur encore...

MBP M1 16", 16 Go, SSD 512 Go
iMac 27" 2,9 GHz, 16 Go, 3 To FusionDrive
iMac G4 24" 1,6 Ghz, 1 Go, SuperDrive
iPhone 12 mini 128 Go
iPad Pro 11", iPad mini Cellular...

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger
lpascalon
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Lun 14 Juil 2003 à 11:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Heureusement que maintenant avec X les freeware sont nombreux, voilý donc la solution :

iChatUSBCam Public Beta 2
Ecamm Network

Modification History

7/13/03 - Public Beta 2: Fix for compatibility with many webcams when using
IOXpert's drivers, including the Philip ToUCam series, the Logitech
QuickCam Pro series, and potentially many others. Fix for G3 machines
which fall below the minimum system requirements for CPU speed (600 MHz).

On peut donc utiliser une webcam USB, et un G3 infÈrieur ý 600 Mhz, mais la machine travaille dure et ne fait alors que ca !!

MBP M1 16", 16 Go, SSD 512 Go
iMac 27" 2,9 GHz, 16 Go, 3 To FusionDrive
iMac G4 24" 1,6 Ghz, 1 Go, SuperDrive
iPhone 12 mini 128 Go
iPad Pro 11", iPad mini Cellular...

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un e-mail Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger
macfun
Invité

MessagePosté le: Ven 08 Aoû 2003 à 13:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

La version finale 1.0 de ichatusbcam me permet d'utiliser ma camera DV sur mon Pismo 500, sans grosse hesitation dans l'image, et sans platange.

Philippe
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Tout sur les MacBook Index du Forum -> Pismo Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: